View Single Post
GlassCloud

Member Since Oct 2019
4 hugs
given
Default Oct 17, 2019 at 09:10 PM

Hi, you're definitely not alone in what you're experiencing. I have severe panic attacks on a near daily basis (mostly at night), which started two months ago. One lasted 4 days and in that time I also went to the ER because I was concerned for my sanity and life, and was given an Ativan prescription (hasn't helped me much though). I find the only things that help quite a lot are distractions (playing games, watching a happy/funny show/movie, or texting/talking to a friend). Also, if it's during daylight, then going for a walk can help too. Other than that, sometimes going to bed helps if I can manage to calm myself enough to at least close my eyes and rest my head and attempt to drift off. I know all too well the 'heart sinking feeling', nausea, chills/shaking... I sincerely hope you are able to find peace, whether this was just a one-off attack, or if you have panic disorder or something else. Like with any disorder, a strong support structure is crucial. Personally, I have my mom come sleep with me if I'm having a night panic attack... don't ever feel ashamed for reaching out for help.
GlassCloud is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Worriedgf1101