View Single Post
icecreambananapi

Member Since Oct 2019
Default Oct 17, 2019 at 11:05 PM

What's up

Bipolar update. I'm reading CBT for dummies. I tried trying to check out online mental illness therapist but I thought that's just too much.

I know there's something wrong with me, but I don't want to accept lol that I have indeed a mental illness. Because I wanna fight it. I wanna live my best full potential and I don't wanted to settle or just accept my flaws, thus solve ways to fight it.

I haven't tried therapy yet but I feel like they're just going to give me some chemical bs that I do not need lol.

With CBT, it focuses on how to solve real problems. Not just give you chemicals that changes the way your brain works.. but the actual problem is still there.

I believe our weakness makes us stronger if we try to fight and solve it. Like face our weakness..

Today I learned and read about unhealthy and healthy emotions. And I became aware of what unhealthy emotions to avoid because it affects my behavior.

Also, as a bipolar girl, I must make sure I'm in a constant activity. I should busy myself.. and try not to idle or do unproductive tasks. Because that's how my hypomania is triggered.
icecreambananapi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Travelinglady