Thread: Happiness is ?
View Single Post
shelda

Member Since Apr 2014
104 hugs
given
Question Oct 18, 2019 at 10:00 AM

My husband died over just 3 years ago now. We were together for 36 years and were the parents to 7 children. They have all grown up and have busy active lives now. I started working full time as a caregiver 2.5 years ago. First job out of the house since i was 19,except for the last two months due to sciatic nerve damage I have been at home. I was a stay at home Mom plus homeschooled so I never really met other people . I am originally from the other side of the country kinda misplaced here and have thought it for years but then i got used to living here after 32 years of being here. My brother and sister and extended family all live on the other side of the country. My grown children and Grandchildren are here though but as i said before they all have active lives and we get together mainly for holidays now. My grandchildren have grown up too except for 2 and my one daughter has zero time for me. She thinks i am too dramatic for her.My husband their Father was sick for around 12 years and it was the last 4 years he was terminal..I know i was really petrified about it all and when he passed away it feels like i passed away with him. Seems i am invisible here except for my Eldest son who comes around now and then . I am contemplating moving back there just for the sake of having family there..I would really miss my son though as he and I are close. He can not be here everyday as he is married with 3 children that are almost grown. Any advise would be so helpful.
shelda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Skeezyks