Grand Poohbah

Member Since Sep 2013
2,626 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 18, 2019 at 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybeblue View Post
So I was just fired by text message. She doesn't think that she's the best therapist for me. That's it. No other information. We had a bad session, but I thought we were going to work it out. I wasn't rude or abusive. I feel so devastated and lost. Also, I thought it was going well. I called and begged her to take me back. But I don't know.

Is it even ethical to fire a client that way?
Hi Maybeblue,

I am sorry you were terminated! And I am sorry that you were terminated in such a lowball way!

This is abuse of power. Ethically - from my understanding - a therapist is supposed to offer referral or some other form of support when a termination occurs.

You are not alone! Termination is horrendously damaging and extremely traumatic for many. I think you deserve an explanation. But be careful how you approach that request - therapist have ALOT of power.

How long have you seen this therapist?

Help us understand what transpired in your last session. It might help us help you.

I agree with Flinders40, this therapist is clearly incompetent and this termination is as a result of countertransference, which means they are at fault, not you.

Thanks,
HD7970ghz

"don't put all your eggs - in one basket"
"promote pleasure - prevent pain"
"with change - comes loss"
HD7970GHZ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous42119

Thanks for this!
koru_kiwi, Out There