View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Oct 18, 2019 at 03:45 PM

I'm sorry I don't think there is much I could offer in the way of advice with regard to your circumstances. I guess the one thought that occurs to me would be to make sure your brother, sister & extended family are going to have time for you. Otherwise you could make the move & find yourself just as alone as you are now. And, from that perspective, it's possible that trying to make new friends where you're currently living (by becoming involved in some seniors activities, volunteering, etc.) may be as good or even a better option.

I always remember an article I read on the editorial page of our local newspaper. A woman & her husband, who were retired, had moved from a large city to a smaller town for the slower pace it offered. She wrote that they assumed they would make new friends there. However what she found was that all of the people her age already had long-established friendships. And they weren't interested in becoming friends with her. So for something to do, she got a job working at a local fast food restaurant where most of the employees were young adults. These young adults were the people who became her friends. And as a result she ended up getting invited to all of their bridal showers, baby showers, etc. I'm not sure what, if any, message there is in that for you. However reading your post brought that letter back to mind. So I thought I would share it with you. Best wishes...

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
shelda