View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Oct 18, 2019 at 04:20 PM

Hi Crook. I'm sorry you've got this frustration. I'm sure you've tried many things and maybe many diets to lose weight. I guess I'm wondering if you've tried with adequate support?

Have you tried going to a dietitian? I went to one about 9 years ago, and it was very helpful. I will confess that I had been switched to a comparatively weight friendly mix (including calling Lithium weight friendly), but the accountability was helpful for me. Once every week, she wanted me to email her a list of everything I ate and their corresponding calories, fat grams, carb grams, and protein grams. Back then I had created a MS Excel spreadsheet with formulas, but really MyFitnessPal does that much easier nowadays, and even better with more info.

Have you ever tried Seroquel XR (quetiapine ER)? Just curious. I find that Seroquel XR is a bit more weight friendly than regular Seroquel. I wrote a little bit about this in another thread. If you have any interest in why I think it's more weight friendly for me, let me know. I currently take 600 mg, and unfortunately 600 mg seems to be the dose I end up at more and more. However, when I can get down to 500 mg, I find it much easier to stick to diets. When it comes to many things regarding my Seroquel XR, I find that strategy helps. For example, I never get the "Seroquel XR" hangover anymore, unless I break from my specific routine. I found that taking it at a specific time and getting exactly 8 or 9 hours sleep (no more) makes for a happy BirdDancer. I know when my hungriest periods of the day are. Careful strategy in managing those times helps.I think, for me, it was much more difficult with the regular Seroquel.

Exercise is very important, but I know that taking in fewer calories is the most important thing. I have lost plenty of weight in the past without exercising much. Reducing my stress levels is crucial in helping me succeed at dieting.

I have gained back some of the weight I lost 9 years ago, but not all. I know that I should lose some for the sake of my cholesterol. Otherwise I'd probably be happy with maintaining. I need a push, too.

I know people who have lost 75 and 100 lbs plus. My mother lost 75 lbs twice, without any weight loss surgery. My sister did have weight loss surgery. She lost a lot of weight, but the fact is, mental wellness, strategy and new habits are crucial.

Last edited by Anonymous46341; Oct 18, 2019 at 04:38 PM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
luvyrself