Thread: fired by text
View Single Post
Xynesthesia2
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2019
55 hugs
given
Default Oct 18, 2019 at 04:58 PM

I also think this is completely unacceptable and speaks volumes about this therapist's "competency". Please don't submit to her. Maybe I would go back for one last meeting if I were curious, but definitely would not beg to her or ask for more sessions. Instead, I would tell her how impulsive and unprofessional her behavior was, that I will find someone who can actually handle their work as a responsible paid provider. The only situation where I would deem that reaction reasonable, after such a short time and one bad session, would be if you physically threatened her somehow. Even then, I would still feel obligated to try to offer some kind of help to a client in so much distress. And definitely an explanation. And explanation that your problems are perhaps outside of her expertise would be acceptable and reasonable to me but coupled with a civil, respectful, honest conversation. I would ask her (if you go back) what exactly she hoped to achieve with that reaction, did she find it appropriate and satisfying for her? And if she reacted defensive again, I would just stand up, walk out, and never contact her again.
Xynesthesia2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous42119, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
HD7970GHZ, koru_kiwi, LonesomeTonight, Out There, precaryous, susannahsays