View Single Post
Anonymous42119

Default Oct 18, 2019 at 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vultureculture View Post
Is not good guidance to not relate to any singleton no matter what! Unless you just accepting the diagnoses. I would be very concerned for you if all you relate to is multiplicity. Accepting the dx it comes in phases and level as your treatment provider according to you individual situation maybe about 6 months and less than that if you aren't scared to mixed it up. You know with your environment and who you get out with.
@vultureculture

Thank you! I've heard DID get described many ways. One T described it as "multiplicity" because they didn't believe in DID. Another T described it as "ego states," since that was their institution's orientation. Another T described it as "parts" of the self that were "fragmented." Another T described it as "dissociation." Another T described it as a "lack of integration of the self during certain times of development." Other T's assert that DID doesn't exist and/or is extremely rare if it does exist. Still, other T's assert that it is an iatrogenic effect of poor treatment, which involves highly suggestible clients, false memory syndrome, somatoform disorder, a personality disorder, a combination of multiple personality disorders, a factitious disorder, and the list goes on.

When the psychiatric community fails to have consensus on what DID is, and what treatments are required, and how it should be assessed, etc., the clients with DID will doubt, will learn from the arguments within the psychiatric community, and will feel disbelieved and perpetually hidden, never having received proper care for a diagnosis that truly exists.

This push on being a "singleton" post "integration" was also an issue with some. I tried my hardest, and I still do. I cannot seem to identify as anything other than "multiple." "Singleton" and "multiplicity" are terms that undermine my struggles and my DID, it seems. So, yes, you're right. THANK YOU!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote