View Single Post
*Beth*
catches the flowers

Member Since Jul 2019
23.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 19, 2019 at 07:01 PM

I'm joining this thread. As of now I don't count calories, but it would be healthy if I began to.

I was (too) thin early in life and chronically trying to gain weight; normal weight during childbearing years, then did some serious weight training, dancing (ballet), and bicycling between age 37 and 45. My weight during 37 and 45 was a standard 107lbs (I'm 5'6").

I was prescribed mirtazipine at age 45 and gained some weight. At age 48 I went on Seroquel. Over the course of seven years I gained just over 100 lbs. I am positive that I have metabolic syndrome from meds (specifically Seroquel).

I have always eaten healthy foods and I don't overeat, yet I keep gaining weight (currently on a small dose of Seroquel, coming off Abilify, just started Zyprexa). Dr. W (pdoc) doesn't seem to give a flying eff about my weight gain and associated health issues because of the weight gain. I suppose she doesn't know what to do, but I wish she would at least acknowledge my serious concern.

Sorry I've just posted this much - obviously I will benefit from this thread. I'll start posting foods tomorrow.

*Beth* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341