Chat Leader

Member Since May 2014
2,312 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 19, 2019 at 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUNDANE View Post
I have 2 grown up daughters and 4 grandchildren and in December last year something happened which caused me never to see any of them again. I feel such great loss and mental pain. I know that things will never change now. It would be impossible for any kind of reconciliation.
Mundane, I am sorry for your loss. It sounds so tragic. I have read of teachers who had a higher vision and answered the question "Who is my family?" in a surprising way. "all of these people around me are my family."

I sometimes feel that people at Psych Central are like family to me. I go to support groups and they help me deal with the rough challenges life sends my way.

I in no way mean to lessen how painful this is, but if there is nothing you can do to reconcile with them, doesn't it make sense to find other people to appreciate and help and have in our lives. Volunteering is one way to do this.

This youtube video on Acceptance helps me when I listen to it to just have a day where I am not battling my own thoughts. YouTube

If you want other links besides the wonderful ones Skeezyks provided, there are more here Coping with Grief | Psych Central

please include the following tag in any reply concerning this post so I get an alert to see your post: @CANDC thank you!

"Things Take Time"
CANDC is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LilyMop