Thread: pondering
View Single Post
Anonymous42119

Default Oct 20, 2019 at 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrae View Post
so long story short, I went thru another 'traumatic event' yesterday. it was medical related. I'm okay or alright now. but I've been having flashbacks all day......

I haven't confided this to anyone IRL yet, what I am and have been going thru. but I see my T on Tuesday and with this recent event, I'm not sure I can 'keep the lid on' things. but at the same time, I realize I am drowning in trauma.......
@jrae

I just saw your new post. I have major trust issues, too. Given all the recent trauma you've been through (medical trauma, grief/loss/bereavement trauma), it's not surprising that you are dealing with flashbacks. All my current traumas remind me of past traumas.

I have distal support, but I have a hard time trusting people. And, most of the people I've known are married or have obligations with children, so not so much time for the stuff I'm dealing with. Most of my friends are the kind I hang out with on good days. When I am struggling with mental illness or physical illness, I recluse and survive on my own. It's getting harder with age, however.

I have DID, so facing PTSD is really hard for me. DID is an automatic coping mechanism, one that happened unconsciously. Now that I'm co-conscious, I have more control, but PTSD feels so scary to face. DID masked and/or muffled my PTSD for many years until I got treated for DID. PTSD is much harder to heal from , which tells me how hard it is for others who don't have DID because they get PTSD full on.

I hope that we can all heal from PTSD, however long it takes.

We're all here to support one another.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
jrae, Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
jrae