View Single Post
bpcyclist
Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 20, 2019 at 05:12 PM

I have bipolar 1 with a history of a ton of psychosis, so, actually not that different from Schizoaffective Bipolar Type in terms of symptoms. To me these are very similar disorders on the same spectrum. Just my take. Anyhow, I was on Abilfy 30 mg/day for years. I don't think I ever had any side effects and my labs were all normal. It definitely helped prevent psychosis in me, no doubt. No weight issues. I can't really comment on its depression effect because I am on lithium, which works well most of the time for my particular depression. I ultimately had to d/c the Abilify because I was developing a movement disorder that was really impairing my quality of life. We decided to go without an antipsychotic. So far, so decent. And the movement disorder has basically gone away completely. Yeah!

I have also been on Risperdal, Invega, Seroquel, Zyprexa, and Symbyax. They all have their pluses and minuses. If I had to choose one to go back on again, since I can't do Abilify, it would probably be Risperdal. Taken at night or by injection, I did pretty well on it. Good luck!!

Hugs from:
still_crazy

Thanks for this!
still_crazy