Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2017
9,712 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 20, 2019 at 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsA View Post
So I posted several times in recent months about how I get upset that I have to hear my older sister yell profanity every day. Today, I suddenly realized what really happens:

1. Several times a day, my sister will spill food or knock something off a shelf or kitchen counter (one of the reasons I suspect she has ADHD)

2. She will always shout "f****** s***!"

3. Then she leaves the mess for me to clean up.

4. And she walks away feeling like a victim

This doesn't make sense. If she doesn't have to clean up when she spills things, what the **** is she angry about?

I don't know why I didn't realize this until today. I think that if I have to clean up after her accidents, I should get the swearing rights. Every time she makes a mess that I'm going to have to clean I'm going to yell her favorite curse. I know a lot of people will judge me for responding to negativity with negativity but I think the only thing that will curb her verbal abuse is to get a taste of her own medicine. If she yells curses before I can stop her, I'm going repeat whatever swear words she uses in a mocking voice like vice principle Nero in The Austere Academy (Lemony Snicket character).

I'm tired of living in dread of verbal tantrums and having to pick up after a 40 year old toddler. I'm seriusly thinking of trying to get court ordered mental health screening if the unacceptable behavior continues. It has to be illegal to make other people live in your dogs waste. And when she leaves things on the floor, she steps on them over and over and has huge tantrums about hurting her feet but can't learn to pick things up or walk more carefully. This sounds like a mental illness doesn't it?
Yes! My nephew does the same thing. He has adhd, autism!
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Mendingmysoul, MrsA

Thanks for this!
MrsA