Member Since Sep 2019
4,842 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 20, 2019 at 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the walls View Post
Technically speaking...

I actually already blocked her. We were never connected on LinkedIn. So maybe she wouldn't notice. She is not tech savvy at all and has previously said she doesn't do social media.

I actually now work at a sister company to the one I left. They are owned by the same parent company. I do want to move up.

Would that change the answers I’ve gotten?

I'm thinking now that I should unblock her, but then she would see that I visited her page, right? I am on private mode.

If she did see that I visited her page, I think the only option would be then to delete my account since I don't want her to see my profile.

Deleting my account would be hard since it's great to see people's work histories, how they got to certain places. And I would lose the few connections I do have from that old place.

I assume private mode would protect me from her seeing who viewed and blocked and then viewed her profile again (to unblock her). I think she would just see that an "anonymous linked member" viewed her profile, right?
I have no idea. I don't use linked in. Reading this just made me think " man, these platforms make things harder for us in real life. What a bummer." Sorry I could not be more help. Maybe since she is not tech savvy she won't notice or it just won't be a big deal if she saw you looked at her page.
WovenGalaxy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist