View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Oct 21, 2019 at 01:47 PM

Well... I'm not a medical professional. So I can't offer you anything in the way of medical advice. Certainly there is always a risk of infection anytime anyone cuts themselves. (I don't think it takes a medical professional to say that.) Whether or not the cuts you made will become infected is something I can't say. And I don't think anyone else can either.

I would guess that if the areas around your cuts start to become red & swollen, that may be a sign there is some infection developing. But that's simply my lay-person's opinion. The best course of action, I think, would be to see a medical professional. However, if you choose not to do that, (& depending on how large & how deep the cuts are) if you keep them clean & perhaps bandage them using some anti-bacterial ointment perhaps that may help. But, there again, these are simply the types of things I would do if I had a cut.

By the way, in addition to infection, the other thing one has to be concerned about with this sort of thing is tetanus. So if you haven't had a tetanus shot recently that may be something else to consider. As recall it is generally recommended that if you cut yourself you should get a tetanus shot if you haven't had one within the past year. At least that's my recollection. Perhaps there will be other PC members who work in the medical profession who will be able to offer better advice. However this is what occurs to me. Best wishes...

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote