Grand Magnate

Member Since Oct 2013
3,076 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 21, 2019 at 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucson View Post
People with BP are the only group of people I know that can list their MI as an actual benefit. LOL But I do understand where that is coming from. Look for the silver lining in each cloud.

BP is a serious mental illness. So no I do not think there is much of a benefit to be found. Mania is part of the illness with its associated implications. Considering this, even mania is not a place I would ever choose to be. It is much better to just have allot of natural energy from living a healthy lifestyle, but still be at the same time sane, then for me to look forward to a particular phase of my mental illness, which can prove to be the more damaging. I would give anything to be without a MI. That way I would be in 100% control of my life. The thoughts of what would of then had been possible boggles my mind.

OK I will come up with one benefit. Hmmm ...lets see...I now own things that I have always wanted but still cannot afford? If I really enjoy doing something, like watching years worth of a TV series, I can see it all in one sitting of back-to-back sleepless nights? I can use my MI as a way to get out of Jury Duty? The adventure of an unpredictable lifestyle when manic? Yes, this last one has some merit, but tends to end up being very costly to me in the end.

@Jennifer 1967:

The severe depression of the disorder has strengthened my survival instinct. I know how to do what I can with what I have where I am. I know how to make it from day to day. To surf life when it gets difficult.

Yes, this is an excellent and essential skill to have. I am still working on it for myself.

I just found this hilarious because I’m in the process of being excused from jury duty right now. 😂😂😂

Every finger in the room is pointing at me
I want to spit in their faces then I get afraid of what that could bring
I got a bowling ball in my stomach I got a desert in my mouth
Figures that my courage would choose to sell out now

Tori Amos ~ Crucify

Dx: Schizoaffective Disorder
cashart10 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote