View Single Post
AAAAA
Elder

Member Since Oct 2007
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 01, 2008 at 01:38 PM

I think just about every child has gone through this stage. Remember baby's tummy is only the size of her little fists, so what we think she should eat may really be more than she needs.

If you're concerned, I would definately bring it up with her peds doc, I did. I was SURE my eldest was starving to death, the doc said not even to worry about a balanced diet through the day, but rather on a weekly basis. Offer a variety, but at one point when my son was that age all he'd eat was ham. Another it was peanut butter (you can put peanut butter on a variety of fruits and veggies). Later my father-in-law introduced him to ketchup and that went on EVERYTHING.

If she's getting the vitamins and minerals she needs from her formula, the rest is window dressing at this point. My older two were grazers, they'd stop playing for 10 seconds and eat a couple apples slices or carrots, but they did this several times during the day. They weren't sit down eaters until the twins came along. These days you have all of those wonderful healthy pre-packed finger foods.

Never ever force feed them. Remember your not only nurishing her, your teaching her relationship with food.