View Single Post
AAAAA
Elder

Member Since Oct 2007
1 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 01, 2008 at 01:48 PM

It always amazed me how many people felt the need to scold me about our kids sleeping with us! (I'm also amazed that my husband and I were able to sleep in a queen sized bed with 4 kids).

The older kids let us know when they were ready to sleep in their own bed (which was always available for them). I also remember worrying at one point that the twins were never going to leave our bed lol.

People said that they'd be "spoiled" or I'd be unable to leave them with day care. We never had a problem with any of them. They were healthy well adjusted children. While they may have been "spoiled" they were never brats.

This parenting style was never planned, it just happened. Those snuggy sacks are wonderful things. No matter what you were doing baby could do it with you. Hubby used to put a hat and sun screen on them and mow the lawn. People also said that they'd never learn to walk or comfort themselves, both were untrue. My oldest skipped crawling all together and was starting to walk at 8 months old. I remember one elder Aunt scolding "why are you holding that boy, he's not even fussing."