View Single Post
bpcyclist
Legendary

Member Since Sep 2019
40.2k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 22, 2019 at 09:38 AM

That's excellent advice from @peacelizard. Truthfully, I'd say you are getting out of this thing about as unscathed as is possible. Had you guys actually begun dating, well then you are into a whole other level of potential career and personal disasters. I have a buddy who is one of the most senior managing directors at the biggest bank in the U.S. Great human, not a bad bone in his body. But he sort of accidentally hooked up with a junior employee he supervises on a business trip to Boston. Oops. He immediately knew he had messed up. They both agreed it could never happen again. She seems okay about it. The problem is, my pal is only one really bad day for that junior employee away from potentially having his fantastic career ended by HR, because of one somewhat drunken night. That's all it takes in today's climate.

Point is, you got off easy. Take it and learn from it. I agree you should try to work on socialization skills with your therapist and see where that takes you. And don't be so hard on yourself. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses, it's what makes us human. All the best.

Hugs from:
Buffy01

Thanks for this!
Bill3, Buffy01