View Single Post
Xynesthesia2
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2019
55 hugs
given
Default Oct 22, 2019 at 01:18 PM

I think attraction by itself is not necessarily negative or potentially dangerous. I am also someone who experienced mutual attraction with a good number of (often older) males in school, work, and other professional contexts, including doctors and a therapist. I actually tend to enjoy it a lot and never had an issue with it, it can be very energizing and pleasant, enhance the interactions and productivity. It does not need to be acted out at all and I've learned from my experiences that it's better to just keep the sexual tension and no action, because the action most often turned out disappointing. The feelings themselves though were usually very informative and positive for me. Usually mutual because I tend to lose my interest/attraction quickly if the other person does not feel the same way, if there is no reinforcement.

If the attraction makes someone uncomfortable and/or it negatively interferes with the relationship and efficacy, that's an entirely different thing. I definitely would not want to prolong such a situation and would not enjoy it.

Last edited by Xynesthesia2; Oct 22, 2019 at 01:36 PM..
Xynesthesia2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
precaryous, SoAn, unaluna