Legendary Wise Elder
Community Liaison

Member Since Jul 2011
12.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 22, 2019 at 11:25 PM

As someone with Bipolar I agree with the above advice given 100%

It’s just the hard facts about being in a relationship with someone who chooses not to find treatment for a major mental health problem... well it’s going to be a rollercoaster of trouble and heartbreak.

You can’t make him take his meds. You can’t make him change his lifestyle, having Bipolar isnt something that can be fixed or handled by just swallowing psych meds daily. It takes work and a lot of it, sleep hygiene, healthy diet and exercise., seeing a Therapist to learn coping skills , Mindfulness etc etc.

He’s just an unstable guy that doesn’t want to face the reality that he has an illness and needs to educate himself and get help to come to terms with living his life and Bipolar a part of it.

I take good care of myself , I see a Therapist regularly. If I’m starting to wobble I need to sit up pay attention and increase self care. I have a great life, yes Bipolar can pop up and cause me grief but I owe it to myself to be proactive and take care for myself but also my family.

Some people truly need to hit rock bottom before they get the help they need to have a wonderful life.

Take care of yourself

Hugs from:
Bill3, bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, Bill3, Calypso2632, Discombobulated, Iloivar