HD7970GHZ
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Sep 2013
2,626 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 23, 2019 at 06:15 PM

Interesting thread!

Absolutely I do! I do it all the time haha. I think sleep is one of the only ways to reset and recharge myself. The world is overstimulating as it is, let alone all the inner turmoil we experience as a result of trauma. I think it is sooo important to spend time recharging. Sleep is often stigmatized as a bad thing, but in consideration of all the other negative coping skills out there, it really isn't that bad!

I recently read a book on Highly Sensitive Persons. Inside the book it talks about how sensitive persons require extra rest; sleep can be one of these methods.

I think so long as sleep is seen as a coping skill and rarely (if ever) used as a means to avoid - then it isn't anything to be ashamed of. I am soooo guilty of using sleep to avoid, but even when I do I can recognize what I am doing and set limits. At the same time, depression hits hard and often without warning. I think it is okay to allow ourselves the freedom and permission to sleep a lot if our bodies require it. Part of being healthy is maintaining the so called, "balanced life," but also listening to what our bodies need and acting in accordance to it.

Thanks,
HD7970ghz

"don't put all your eggs - in one basket"
"promote pleasure - prevent pain"
"with change - comes loss"
HD7970GHZ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
*Beth*, mote.of.soul