Thread: pondering
View Single Post
Open Eyes
Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2011
21.4k hugs
given
Default Oct 25, 2019 at 09:46 AM

I have had to deal with suffering through some major health challenges myself. I was in a car accident and my head hit the winshield, so I do drive very defensively.

I have experienced a lot of traumas and suffer from flashbacks, emotional ones, ones where I re-experience events that traumatized me and I also struggle with body memory flashbacks. I tend to avoid certain things to avoid experiencing flashbacks as well. I have avoided certain things in an effort to avoid being further traumatized as well. Unfortunately, a lot of people simply don't understand what it means to struggle this way and tend to say things that are dismissive like "don't allow, just ignore, let it go, forget it, it's over so get over it already". Other people who simply don't get it, tend to say things that infer you are "weak" and need to get a grip and stop being a baby about things. People can actually be mean when they don't know what it's really like to suffer from ptsd and how no one "allows" or wants to experience triggers and flashbacks and how intrusive these episodes can be. This is why individuals that struggle tend to avoid and isolate.
Open Eyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Lilly2