View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Oct 25, 2019 at 01:08 PM

fern and Wild Coyote, I very much appreciate both of your thoughts about potential "sharing" of a psychiatrist. Wild Coyote, you're quite kind to share all of the stories, which I'm sure bring you some pain, as well.

As I wrote, I am kind of reluctant to share my psychiatrist and was taken off guard when he suggested himself. That's why I proposed Dr. X as an option. However, I'm going to add another element to this by mentioning that Dr. X is my husband's psychiatrist! I felt/feel that there is enough distance between Dad and my husband that it wouldn't be that big of a deal for them to share. My husband only really sees his pdoc once every three months, and mostly to just get refills on his ADD and depression meds. And hubby is a very low controversy type of a guy, and very believable. He also has little "therapy time" with his pdoc (more med check), though Dr. X does offer therapy, too. At least I know hubby's pdoc enough to know that he, like my pdoc, has experience with addictions treatment, as well as mood disorders. Both my husband's and my pdoc were IOP pdoc's at the local IOP for years and hospital pdoc's as well. They now just have their private practices. I have once met my husband's pdoc and that pdoc knows I have bipolar disorder. The extent of that pdoc's interest in me is to simply ask hubby if I'm doing well (likely to know hubby's stress). He, like my pdoc, is an older man and very likable. I think my dad would like Dr. X, too. He's more my dad's type than mine would be. Plus, I think my pdoc would potentially have a leaning towards me. I have known my pdoc for almost 13 years.

Wild Coyote, out of curiosity, do you agree Dr. X might not be so problematic? I don't see my husband's pdoc as getting involved with any drama. My husband hasn't really been that depressed in years. I think he mostly just chats with his pdoc, whereas I do have much more significant conversations with my doctor, though I also have a therapist.

As a shocking aside, the last pdoc my dad had set him up on a blind date with one of his female patients. Can you believe that?!?

Last edited by Anonymous46341; Oct 25, 2019 at 01:37 PM..

Hugs from:
bizi, bpcyclist, fern46, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
bizi, Wild Coyote, ~Christina