View Single Post
WovenGalaxy
Magnate

Member Since Sep 2019
4,842 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 25, 2019 at 02:59 PM

Open Eyes, I haven't read your response yet but here's some things I have to say about the situation. I answered my own question in my first post. My original post. And then in my next post as well. I really liked this guy. I still like him. I also don't think I should contact him. I'm not in a place right now to be rejected again. Or hurt. Over the span of about 2 months we were on and off talking to each other. Here are some of the things he said to me that raised Flags: I'm afraid to give up my bachelor life. I'm afraid I'm going to hurt you because of my issues. My life is great but I don't have a good romantic life. I want to be friends. You're the first person who made me feel like I wanted to be in a relationship in a really long time. Sometimes I feel a little sad talking to you.

Here are some other thoughts if mine. We both have issues. I just couldn't deal with the mixed messages. It truly stressed me out. One thing I'm learning is being in a relationship is a risk for rejection. So is dating. I have had many many many bad experiences from dating men from online sites. I didn't want to do that again. My guard was up. And I'm finished with dating sites. It was around that time that I was realizing that I was finished with online dating that we started talking from OkCupid. I understand that there is a risk involved in dating and in relationships. I think I'm really realizing that. I just don't know if I want to get hurt right now. I need time to build back my self-esteem up. I really do think this guy is an amazing person. But he hasn't returned the texts that I have sent him. However unskillful they were.

I sometimes think about seeing him somewhere in a cafe a year from now. I'm feeling better he's feeling better and we're both stronger people. Maybe we can get together then. Maybe not. I don't know.

I guess I have learned something about myself. Relationships are complicated and beautiful they take a s*** ton of communication. I prefer to do that communication in person not texting especially the important stuff. I think it's okay to have a preference. I also think we have to compromise are preferences sometimes too.

Also this wasn't a relationship. I do sometimes think I have a tendency to move quickly in dating. Maybe it's because if I like someone I don't want them dating other people. To me it feels shity. I think these are all valid things and they're also things that I can learn to work on. I want to build my Foundation and make it solid. I think I can date. It doesn't mean I shouldn't date. But I'm kind of moving towards just building that solid foundation. And I think the things I've learned are very valuable.
WovenGalaxy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Discombobulated