Legendary Wise Elder
Community Liaison

Member Since Jul 2011
12.7k hugs
given
Default Oct 25, 2019 at 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpcyclist View Post
Rough couple of days. Lay down early the other morning to try to slow down, waiting for my pdoc to get into office and the voices started up again. Haven't heard them in awhile, so it was alarming. I'm paranoid and sort of low-grade psychotic a lot of the time, unfortunately, but this just didn't help. All my threat stuff started going and pretty soon, I was convinced the FBI was in my hallway, ready to kick in my door. Don't know what exactly that would be for, as I am a law-abiding person.

Anyway, no-one kicked in any doors and I talked to my doc and I am now on Abilify again, unfortunately. We stopped it before because I had some serious neuro side effects to it. But the doc basically considered this an emergency. Trying to keep me out of the hospital, where I have spent so much time over the last ten years that I am sure it is some kind of record. All for not going to the hospital, esp. since I am currently uninsured and have over a million dollars in psych hospital bills I currently cannot pay. Can't worry about that now. Just have to try to get better.

The other thing pdoc did was add some emergency sleep help, which for me was 400 mg of Seroquel. Don't like that drug, but nothing else will put me to sleep right now. So, I took it and I slept for 8 hours and woke up with the voices gone. So, that's good. We'll see where this all goes. Thanks to every body for your support. I really, really appreciate it.

It’s good that your being proactive !!! Hopefully adding Abilify and Seroquil for right now stomps this out and you won’t need fulltime.

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
bpcyclist