Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2017
9,712 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 25, 2019 at 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANDC View Post
Hi bdgirl9918. Welcome to Psych Central. I am so sorry you endure abusive behavior from your parent. No one should have to go through that.

As you have mentioned it is not easy to endure the lying and abusive behavior that they disquise and hide from others. There are no really good options but these articles may help. The most powerful tool that you have is not reacting. It seems from your story that they are looking for a reaction for you. It sounds like your dad may be under your mother's thumb also.

this is a good forum to post in
Survivors of Abuse - Forums at Psych Central

3 Signs You Have Emotionally Neglectful Parents

5 Survival Tactics You Use to Maintain a Relationship with Your Abusive Parent | Happily Imperfect

Coping When You Have a Narcissistic Parent

If you ever feel your life is in danger then dial the police and tell them you do not feel safe in your home and that you want to be removed from the home for your own safety. At that point if you are being physically abused then this option may be necessary, but only if you feel endangered. It may make things worse but if you feel your life is in danger then this may be worth considering. Of course your mother will probably deny the whole thing so this is really a last resort. Hopefully the other articles will give you ideas how to cope without things getting so far out of hand.
That is great advice. I wish that I had thought about that myself.
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote