maybeblue
Grand Member

Member Since Jan 2018
70 hugs
given
Default Oct 25, 2019 at 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalingerEsme View Post
I don't know the workings of DBT, so maybe this is impossible. I really like Xynesthesia's common sense understanding of staying to get what you can out of it, and I also resonate with the scariness of bad, dangerous therapy or having an erratic therapist. You are right that it is negligent to treat a suicidal patient like that. I agree too with the fantastic post by Susannah that this type of direct accusation can be gas on the fire for a person already edgy about power and control. Is there anyway you can shift or transfer to one of the T's who gave her feedback that she dd the wrong thing with you? Change T's, but stay in that program? Forgive me if this is common knowledge and cant work. I have no experience with DBT. I do think it is outrageous to terminate a client by text, and that she isn't being very realistic about the severity of that . I would also want to make her face another reality. Hey, you could report her to her licensing board. You could easily give her a fair and tough review online. She isn't grappling enough, imo, with "To Do No Harm" and the ethical significance of putting you at risk that way.
I think that if I were in a larger program that it would be possible and smart for me to do that, but this is actually a private program with really only one therapist and her "team" is possibly just one other therapist who works with a completely different population...or maybe they have others and they meet remotely.

It's hard to know exactly what she is thinking. I am starting to see the no coaching as more of a relief than a punishment. I'm thinking of giving it at least one more week before I ask for it back. Honestly the suicide hotline people are way nicer to talk to. I feel less guilty about it too because I know they are already awake or whatever. But to be honest, one of my long term goals is to be able to handle my own "crises" without having to use a hotline or resort to thinking about or threatening suicide. Those lower emotion quickly in the same way that self-harm or lots of other things do, but they aren't exactly something I'd want to post on facebook about.

I think, and the TELL people confirmed that a complaint to the licensing board would probably go nowhere because she did agree to meet with me. But I am an excellent writer and I could write a very accurate and not crazy sounding online review. Therapists hate those, and I don't generally think they are very fair because they legally can't respond to them the way say a restaurant owner can, to explain their side of the story. But if she continues to act erratic and this wasn't a one time mistake, I will totally do it.
maybeblue is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight

Thanks for this!
Out There, susannahsays