Thread: Fasting
View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Oct 26, 2019 at 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discombobulated View Post
I have heard good things about the 5:2 diet (2 days fasting 5 normal) it can reverse early stage diabetes in some people.
I have good things a bout all of them. I am not sure I believe it. I just tried the 5:2 and was disappointed to learn that it isn't really fasting. It really is calorie cycling. They are just repackaging something under another name.

To me fasting has two things that give the health benefits: (1) giving your digestion a break and (2) giving your insulin resistance a break.

If those two do not really occur, I am not sure it is fasting.

The 5:2 means that you do 2 days eating 500 calories... but turns out, when I look more into it... the 500 can be spread over the day. While of course it is less food, it still causes an insulin release and digestion.

Fasting likes to claim the benefit of Autophagy. However, they forget to tell you that doesn't occur until 36 hours have past. That is pretty difficult to do on an ongoing basis.

However, I do think that fasting is going to turn out to be the way to have us live longer on mass. Both fasting and calorie reduction have shown major increases in life span in mice. Both are basically the same thing... less food.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote