View Single Post
beeberry

Member Since Oct 2019
4 hugs
given
Default Oct 26, 2019 at 01:21 PM

I definitely have a lot of anxiety with social media accounts. I also just feel like it’s my natural personality to want more privacy, to only share the kind of thing you post with people actually in my daily life, even tho privacy seems like an outdated need in these times. but i get what you mean! it really feels like deliberately sabatoging my social life, like excluding myself from so much because I don’t have an instagram. a few years ago when i did have an instagram, i would hardly post, delete posts a lot, and be self-conscscious of my follower count. it wasn’t fun, but when i deleted it i felt way less connected to other people and, i still do. i’ve been thinking about making one again, but the idea still makes me anxious : having my life on display!?? my sister describes as “having your best moments on display” and then i remember how bothered i am by the disingenuous part of social medias. Havig no idea what’s really going on in these peoples lives but seeing the existence of their instagram and automatically trusting them more - it’s like how loud people are favored and respected over quiet people. less open mindedness
I also think im silly for having so much anxiety and overthinking about it bc it’s also not a big deal - most people have one and aren’t overthinking or feeling anxious. so why can’t you enjoy it too, if you want it? and if you don’t, there’s nothing wrong either!
beeberry is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote