View Single Post
nicoleflynn
Grand Magnate

Member Since Jan 2012
60 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 26, 2019 at 05:15 PM

Women are murdered every year by men. I hope you will get help to leave. You can call the National Domestic Violence hotline. No one deserves abuse. He won't stop.....why are you choosing to stay? Fear of being alone? That kept me in an abusive marriage for 31 years, but I finally got the courage to leave. Abuse brainwashes you, you believe what the abuser says, and it is a struggle to leave.....He is dangerous and will more than likely accelerate the abuse; I hope you will call the Domestic Abuse hotline; make a first step to help yourself....the book, The Verbally Abusive Relationship by Patricia Evans was a lifesaver. He has told you who he is, so believe him. PLEASE don't become a murder statistic.

Have you discussed what he is doing and saying with your therapist? She should be able to help you, and if not refer you to someone who can. Someone who says they love you and abuses you....that isn't love. He is broken, and you cannot fix or help him.

Life is about choices and abuse is a CHOICE. He does it because he knows he can get away with it. It feels as if your life is over, but it isn't.....You CAN make good choices, but it is a struggle (I know).....with some help you can reclaim your life and have a healthy relationship.
nicoleflynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist