View Single Post
SoAn

Member Since Sep 2019
84 hugs
given
Default Oct 28, 2019 at 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonBlues View Post
Hello SoAn, I have to agree with your friends-I do not think this will be therapeutic for you. In fact, I think the opposite is true. I found myself in the same scenario you described. The therapist I was seeing told me that he had sexual and loving feelings for me, that if not for the fact that we were in therapy, he could see us in a relationship. I was in therapy due to struggles with PTSD, including depression, anxiety and suicidal ideation. When the discussion of our feelings became a topic, it was one of the most discussed subjects. His inability to deal with his described feelings for me became yet another problem for me to deal with. I won't go into all the details of what transpired but I will say that I agree with what BudFox said, in the above comment. Therapy is difficult enough without having romantic feelings a part of the mix as well.

I wish you all the best. Sending you hugs.
@BudFox and @CrimsonBlues : yes, makes sense. I still somewhere see how it is related to the issues I'm there for, then again, there is also the side you mention. No easy decisions here.

Sorry you went through that, CrimsonBlues. I assume you left this therapist? Hugs to you too.
SoAn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Purple,Violet,Blue