View Single Post
Anonymous43089

Default Oct 29, 2019 at 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandabear0927 View Post
No it wont tell me who i am but you wouldnt go forward with treating someone with cancer because theyll “respond to treatment” better.... that seems immoral to me... if you go to a dentist theyll tell you you have a cavity and fill it. Not say “ does it really matter? Just brush your teeth better”... idk what makes mental health any different... ESPECIALLY if it’s behavioral....
Because a mental health label is very different from and far more complicated than either cancer or a cavity. Even if the current diagnostic methods used for mental illness weren't hotly debated, which they are, they're mostly used for insurance purposes. Sure, it might help some people and give them peace of mind to know what their "label" is, but research into the subject has shown the opposite to be true for most people, hence why shrinks are hesitant to focus too much on labels.

If you really want to know, take an MMPI from a psychologist who's qualified in administering one, and then demand to know the results.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote