Member Since Oct 2019
3,785 hugs
given
Default Oct 29, 2019 at 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoretical View Post
Well, obviously she wasn't.

Maybe she just wanted an explanation.
She is trying to be a good person. I try not to categorize people as good or bad though, but I fail at that sometimes. What I'm striving for is seeing the behavior as good or bad, but not the person themselves.

I cared about her, but she did scare me. If I didn't have PTSD, I could probably still be her friend, but with more boundaries intact. With PTSD though, I just couldn't. It's not a reflection on her per se, but rather her unresolved issues that she may or may not be willing to address in treatment.

I will say that she seemed happy when I last saw her a few years ago. She had all these projects going on (she's an artist), but she does get emotional - tears mixed with rage. I felt really bad for her years ago when she was going through a rough time at the church we all attended. The church wasn't the healthiest for certain people with mental illnesses or social stigmas, so we left. I was her friend for a few years before I moved out of state. I visited her a few years ago, after spending nearly a decade conversing with her online. My relationship with her ended about 2 years ago.
Lilly2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Atypical_Disaster