View Single Post
Lilly2
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2019
3,785 hugs
given
Confused Oct 30, 2019 at 03:42 AM

Dear Administration and Moderators:

Is there any way that you can consider updating the guidelines for the Dissociative Disorders Forums?

Specifically, there were some posts that concerned me. Without mentioning user names, I would rather address what the general guidelines are for all forums on PC, which include no use of research or getting ideas for research, and trigger warnings for mentions of
Possible trigger:
. I've found posts that border on crossing the boundaries of the guidelines that you've set for PC. I've also found posts that use language that can come across as insulting to those with dissociative disorders. Furthermore, posts in the Dissociative Disorder Forum should be strictly for dissociative disorders, not for use to debate the similarities and differences between those with or without those disorders. If such debates are allowed, they should be posted elsewhere, such as in the sharing of articles forum or the other mental health forum or perhaps a suggested "rants" or "opinions" forum.

Now I'm not concerned about those who are asking questions about their own symptoms that might be related to dissociative disorders; to me, that's totally okay. And I'm not concerned about those with diagnosed dissociative disorders doubting their disorder or wondering about the treatments and/or diagnosis of their disorder. What I am concerned about are those who do not have a diagnosable dissociative disorder who post in the Dissociative Disorders Forums and make judgments, hypotheses, or theories about aspects of dissociation, comparisons between dissociative disorders and other symptoms not related to dissociative disorders, and/or mentions of their research ideas.

One solution to this problem is to update the guidelines for the Dissociative Disorders Forum. Another solution is to update the guidelines for all forums as well, so that this doesn't occur in other forums concerning other disorders.

I realize that your time is limited and valuable. I'm hoping that one or more of you could spare some time to look into these issues and consider updating the guidelines.

Thank you all for your time and consideration.

Last edited by Lilly2; Oct 30, 2019 at 03:54 AM..
Lilly2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Calla lily12, lizardlady