View Single Post
rechu
Magnate

Member Since Apr 2016
1,040 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 30, 2019 at 01:15 PM

Well, the meeting was postponed. Not sure how much has made the news elsewhere, but since the 18th the country has been in chaos with rioting and protests. We were under curfew and state of emergency. Most of the company is working from home.I haven't been fired either. I assume because it would look kind of bad to fire someone right in the middle of this. I guess I got another reprieve.

On Saturday I have to go to my health insurer to defend my last leave. They are trying to reduce it again even though I had to be on leave while the workers' comp investigation went on. I asked for Monday off too, so I can hopefully put in an appeal over the same issue. My husband said it's best to fight on all fronts. Government offices have not been functioning normally so I couldn't go this week.

The whole situation has me scared. I still feel like they will fire me eventually. I wasn't so nervous about that before, but now there's so much uncertainty. The economy is going to take a hit from this, that is sure. So, I am worried about what my options will be employment-wise. Starting a business seems out right now. I guess trying to get some freelance clients elsewhere and maybe some English students here is the best way to start. I had thought to try and find tourism-related work, but tourism is definitely going to decline.

This sucks!
rechu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous48672, SlumberKitty, Turtle_Rider