Thread: Called the cops
View Single Post
Anonymous45521

Default Oct 30, 2019 at 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter4me View Post
Good luck. This does remind me of a noise I used to hear at nights when I lived out in the woods. It seemed more noticeable in winter and at night. I finally decided it probably came from some kind of farm machinery at a goat farm a couple of miles away and across the river (like something using a compressor or some kind of prosessing) .
Interesting. I do have a farm right behind me. I have like a square block of forest and on the other side of that the farm. One reason I thought maybe there was like hayrides going on there? Or a haunted house or something.

My only question though would be why haven't I heard it before in the 5 years I have lived here. I didn't notice it until last Friday. Once it is on as well it is constant while a heat pump or something typically isn't constant.

I mean it is loud enough to wake me from sleep (as it did Friday) and I can hear it over my tv. As I routinely leave my tv on at night and sleep with it on.

It is a mystery. I bought a noise machine but I don't want to spend the rest of my life doing that particularly when I bought next to conservation land in the middle of no place.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote