View Single Post
jrae
Grand Member

Member Since Jun 2008
410 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Attention Oct 30, 2019 at 11:57 PM

so I know I have a bunch of vehicle-related ptsd. and from some of the responses, a few of you out there know and understand what this is like.

I know it gets WAY worse in the winter, with what happened last year and the crappy road conditions and weather. normally I would just do as little driving as I could, and only when the weather and roads were decent. this way, limiting how bad things would get for me - how triggered I would be and the reaction due to that.

BUT this has been the year from h**l! and I am being *forced* into what I know is gonna be one h**l of a winter. I'm dealing with a brain injury and have to drive 145 miles one-way to see the specialty doctors! I was hoping to be done with this before winter but unfortunately, it appears as though things are not even slowing down!

I'm super terrified what this is gonna do to me - having to drive 'thru my ptsd' just to get to my appts and then again on the way back. I mean, that's over 2 1/2 hours of 'white-knuckle driving', then having to go into a doc appt and get your vitals taken! not sure how I can down-play my elevated heart-rate and bp.

with no friends to drive for me and me already being triggered by a medical-related traumatic event, how the h**l do I do this? any one out there got ANY ideas for me?? freakin out is an understatement right now
jrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Lilly2