Community Liaison

Member Since Jul 2011
12.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Oct 31, 2019 at 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post

You’re right Christina. I experience adderall bashing. People that call it legal speed and infer that I’m just looking for performance enhancement.

People are so uneducated about so many medications.

Sure lots of people joke about the “ blue pill” for men.... but it’s “ socially acceptable”

So medications that treat psych problems of all kinds are just picked to pieces by clueless people.

It’s almost more acceptable today to drink alcohol to relax than take a prescribed medication that your provider feels is correct treatment to help someone manage life better/ easier..

Adderall ? Many people of power snorting lines of coke and god knows what ? Yeah sure that’s better than a FDA approved medication that is indicated if a person has X symptoms??!!! NO Your on Adderall because your Doctor feels it’s the best medication to help you, it’s not a leg up on anyone.

Somedays I just want to be an ostrich and shove my head in the sand to avoid hearing such misinformation being spread like wildfire.

I’d personally like someone to some how experience my anxiety and chronic pain for 2 weeks but don’t tell them it will end at 2 weeks let them assume it’s forever. Then I’d love to sit with them and ask them “ so did you enjoy it?? Do you still think X meds are horrible ??

Last edited by ~Christina; Oct 31, 2019 at 04:34 AM..
~Christina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, bpcyclist

Thanks for this!
fern46, sarahsweets