Lilly2
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2019
3,785 hugs
given
Default Oct 31, 2019 at 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by here today View Post
This is a problem with existing research methods. The question of the risk/benefit ratio for psychotherapy, or some ballpark estimate, is an important one believe. Somebody with curiosity and courage. . .could find a way. . .New, maybe. Unorthodox. So. . .

What about Lambert's statistics that I referenced above. Are they bogus? Or otherwise problematic from a peer-reviewed perspective?

Anyway, I thought HD was proposing doing something from a mental health consumer perspective because the professionals AREN'T. And having been hurt from therapy, I am not satisfied with the idea of just accepting that and that I was one of unknown-how-many unlucky ones. Maybe it won't exactly work but there are lots of reasons I think the effort is worthwhile and if HD wants to do it I can contribute my 2 cents. Or less, may not be worth anything, but I'll contribute it. What's the harm in trying.

Maybe there's another question that would be interesting, not just ideas for the pamphlet per se:

What, if anything, do we who have been harmed by therapy think could and should be done to warn and protect other potential therapy clients and prevent or reduce in frequency the harm that is done to clients?

We don't have to all agree, and we can work on the issue from different directions.
I like your idea @here today

What is Lambert's statistics? I've never heard of that before, or I've forgotten what that was. I only hold a bachelor's degree right now, not yet a grad student. This stats stuff fascinates me.
Lilly2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
HD7970GHZ