Thread: Am I autistic?
View Single Post
cophfe
Newly Joined

Member Since Nov 2019
Default Nov 01, 2019 at 04:37 AM

I'm 16 and not in a place to go to a gp until I'm absolutely sure autism is a possibility. I have always felt a bit off and thus I've self diagnosed myself with a few things over the years, only to discover through research that I'm likely wrong. I haven't figured out why I'm wrong this time though.
I did some tests and found that I have some symptoms. I scored a 34 on this website's autism test and a "very likely nuero-diverse" on an aspie test (137 / 200).

This might sound offensive to y'all but since I'm possibly autistic I'm also insulting myself here; I get too high results at school (year 11) for a possibly autistic person. I don't really value high scores but I thought that it was hard for autistic people to get them. I do maths and sciences and get very high scores in those (unless it's an assessment instead of a test). I get below average scores in English though. I'm not trying to pump my own ego here, I swear. At least compared to others in my school, I am also ok at programming and ok at learning new concepts (in things I'm interested in) even though autism is a learning disability. I don't actually work hard to get 'high' scores though; I just get them basically by doing work the day before a test (I try to do work throughout school but it's kind of difficult). Multiple people are angry at me for this haha.

Finally, I am one of the best in my creative digital media class (3D modelling, animation and design) even though, again, autism is a learning disability. Programming and digital media design are hobbies of mine, if that helps. I swear to god if you were listening to me in real life I would sound less like an egomaniac.

2 of my friends that I have talked to about this also don't think I'm autistic. This is the biggest factor in my opinion since it's supposed to be easy to tell.

Since I have self diagnosed things that are definitely wrong before (luckily i don't often tell them to other people until I'm 10000% sure) i have to be certain, could I be autistic? I also might of subconsciously been bias in the aspie/autism tests, so the results from them aren't trustworthy to me.
cophfe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote