View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Nov 01, 2019 at 09:06 AM

I don't have that many serious complaints about my current medication cocktail. I guess the worst is that my Seroquel XR seems to be a factor in increasing my cholesterol and triglycerides. Seroquel XR is not that weight unfriendly for me. If it weren't for my cholesterol and triglycerides, I'd probably be relatively OK with my current weight. I would be happier (as far as vanity) with 10-15 lbs off, but unlike many, my weight gain has not been extreme on this medication. I could say that during the last 7 years on Seroquel XR I've gained 20 lbs, but I wouldn't bet any money that I couldn't have been my current weight even without bipolar medications. How do I know? Because I was as high as 4 lbs less than I am now 15 years ago without ever having taken a bipolar medication back then. I'm not saying I haven't experienced major weight gain from medications. Depakote and Invega, plus depression, put a lot of weight on me during a particular period about 9 years ago, though I did eventually lose all that weight after a cocktail change.

The only other complaint VERY MINOR I have about a current medication is clumsiness from Tegretol XR. Perhaps if I needed extreme dexterity/coordination it would be a more significant issue, but I don't.

Important note: I've had more side effects from my current meds in the past than I have now. The difference is that my body adjusted to them over time, I found strategies that minimize/eliminate them, or the doses were reduced enough to eliminate them.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Blue_Bird, bpcyclist