Grand Magnate

Member Since Mar 2019
4,300 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 01, 2019 at 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpcyclist View Post
Well, so the Zyprexa we added temporarily for this sleep crisis does work. I take it and then I sleep. The problem is, I am still somehow sleeping much more in the day that at night. The med zonks me (20 mg qHS). Which is why I am up right now (3 AM my time). Somehow just have to get this thing turned around and onto the correct clock. Going to try to power through today without any naps. Not sure I can do that, but it is necessary.

Other than that, mood-wise, I feel much better than I have in a couple of weeks. No doubt, this is due to the sleep. Grateful for that. Will have to figure out what the long-term sleep solution will be. I can't take Ambien (causes me to sleep-cook and sleep-walk and do other bizarre things). Seroquel only works for a finite period of time in me, then I am tolerant and it no longer does anything. Won't take Zyprexa long-term--causes me to eat everything in site. On and on. Remeron worked a long time ago. Worked really well. Might have to try that one. We'll see.

So, that's it. Things are a bit better right now. And I am grateful.
I think you are really doing the work that's required to maintain your health in a brave and strategic way. You've identified your most critical issues and you've made quick hit goals for yourself while also looking ahead to your long term strategy. You're open to using a solution that isn't optimal long term to seek greater balance in the moment and you recognize the need to do more work in the long run to find a lasting solution. You're grateful for what is working and you maintain a positive attitude even when problems arise. Bravo sir.

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, bizi, Sunflower123