View Single Post
Gabyunbound
Grand Member

Member Since May 2016
932 hugs
given
Default Nov 02, 2019 at 09:57 AM

Hi there everyone,

I recently had an EKG, due to a previous abnormal one, which showed that I am severely bradycardic; in other words, my heart rate is very low. Low, but still within normal range, is 60 beats per minute, and mine is 44 beats per minute. I also get very low blood pressure at times and get dizzy and/or faint occasionally when standing from a seated position.

My PCP says that because propranolol is a beta blocker (at least at higher doses, prescribed for high blood pressure), I need to cut down my dose or stop taking it altogether (I'm not sure, will find out on Tuesday), in order to bring up my heart rate and blood pressure to normal levels.

The thing is, I take propranolol for the tremors I experience due to Abilify. When I was taking only 1 a day, the tremors were improved, but I still had them. I'm now taking 2 a day. I'm so afraid of reducing the dose, much less stopping taking it altogether, as my tremors will likely come back.

I'm going to ask my pdoc, but meanwhile I was wondering if anyone was taking something other than propranolol that is effective for tremors due to taking antipsychotics?

Thanks!

Klonopin: 1 mg
Propranolol: 10 mg
Zoloft: 100 mg
Temazepam: 15 mg
Zyprexa 5-10mg prn

(for Central Pain Syndrome: methadone 20 mg; for chronic back pain: meloxicam 15 mg; for migraines: prochlorperazine prn)
Gabyunbound is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bpcyclist, Daonnachd, still_crazy