View Single Post
Anonymous41462

Default Nov 02, 2019 at 01:23 PM

Christina, so nice to hear about your silver-white natural hair color! I get lots of compliments on mine too i think because it is shiny and that's not always the case with grey hair. The temporary dye i used the other day just turned my hair a shade darker as it did not work and that's okay -- lots of people have black hair and silver-white is nicer on me. Jet black looks too unnatural on me. The temp dye is washing out nicely and i should be back to my 100% natural silver-white shade in no time. Also glad i gave up permanent dye tho it was mostly due to incompetence about keeping my roots dyed. Such a bore and what for? Everyone likes my silver-white hair too! We're Silver Foxes!

BirdDancer, your dessert sounds yummy and i so admire your skill in the kitchen, the work of a true artisan!

Fern, thanks again for your support! Means a lot to me!

Tried another Overeater's Anonymous last night as was feeling the need and i like it even better! It's in a vibrant busy community center near an eclectic neighborhood so there are staff and users about and the security is much better. There's a small quiet area with benches and windows for me to wait in out of the hubbub and relax where there was no access to the venue at the other location unless i had the key FOB. Arriving on the bus means i don't have a cozy car to wait in and it was going to be a problem in the Winter. The meeting room is spotless with a shining floor whereas the other meeting room was shabby and rundown and in need of a good scrubbing.

This meeting is in a bit of an interesting but slightly sketchy neighborhood with a lot of nightclubs but there were no hoodlums lurking around last night and there are lots of peaceful people about, even a horde of parents with kids attending events at the community center so i felt quite safe. The walk there takes me thru a lovely small park with a moving memorial sculpture and an area for dogs to run free and socialize and be their silly selves. There was a whippet with a custom dog-coat on yesterday. Whippets are so skinny with only short sleek fur so it's important for them to have good dog-coats in the harsh Canadian Winters.

The meeting was very moving with more of a variety of ages and i shed a few tears and thought i might lose control and sob but i fought for control and was okay. The sharing resonated with me many times. I was there early and set out chairs and one woman thanked me before and after the meeting and said she was so glad to arrive and see that the set-up was done. So i feel i contributed tho i do not share in support group meetings and never will as i have tried many times over the past 28 years, attending various groups and i find it harmful to talk intimately and not get any feedback, not get any sign that i have been heard. Makes me feel invisible and i already have terrible anxiety about being invisible -- i don't need it made worse in a support group. I just listen and take what i want and give other my silent support.

Having a quiet day enjoying "The Young and the Restless." So good to be getting back to my shows! I just mute the sound and close my eyes during the commercials and it's a nice break. My Arab cab driver the other day watches too! What a hoot!

Fought with myself about attending a live video game enactment downtown today and managed to get myself to say home so that i can use my puny supply of energy for good self-care for my dog and i. I'm sad to be missing out on all the fun but first things first. I think the Seroquel withdrawal is contributing to my epic fatigue. Something is wearing me out, that' for sure. Sleeping well and eating well so not sure what it could be. Have been recovering from my "acute fear reaction" since the day of the Canadian Climate Strike on September 27th so surely i should be better by now? It's been over a month! Mind you i had fire after fire to put out in the aftermath so perhaps i am still dealing with some of the fall-out even now. Sigh! Would be nice to feel some energy returning one day soon.

Hugs from:
bizi, fern46, Nammu, Sunflower123, Unrigged64072835, Wild Coyote, wildflowerchild25

Thanks for this!
Wild Coyote, ~Christina