Poohbah

Member Since Feb 2019
1,170 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 02, 2019 at 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atisketatasket View Post
It hardly ever happens, but sometimes after intense exercise, usually weight lifting, I get plunged into a fit of depression. So I’m eating mashed potatoes for comfort food.

I keep thinking about this episode early in my relationship with 2ex. I needed a little time to myself and said so, he freaked so much I felt I had to apologize, he said “I forgive you.” Red flags all over. Even at the time I found it disturbing (particularly the forgive bit because it didn’t seem like something that rose to that level for me). Should have listened to myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NP_Complete View Post
I'm an introvert and need my alone time. STBEx couldn't deal with that. He would actually take it personally if I told him I needed some time alone. Like tell me I had hurt his feelings because I wanted an hour without him. I loved reading but I basically gave it up because every time I tried to pick up a book, he would demand my attention. It may sound overly dramatic, but I feel like I lost part of myself with him. So you're not alone. Red flags are amazingly easy to not see or not give appropriate significance to.

Now I have so much alone time, it's killing me.

Hugs from:
Polibeth, SlumberKitty, unaluna

Thanks for this!
atisketatasket