View Single Post
Lilly2
Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2019
3,785 hugs
given
Default Nov 03, 2019 at 07:51 AM

I don't have TRD, but I have treatment-resistant disorders, primarily because I've been dealing with newbie T's that are barely learning themselves how to disseminate treatment and truly listen to my needs. When that happens, I try to appreciate the therapist and the tools offered, but I'm open with my communication about what's not working and why. I'll leave treatment if it's not working out.

What's worked for me is finding things in life outside of therapy that help me, such as this online network on PC, self-help books, activities that get me through the day (sometimes playing Sudoku, sometimes eating a good meal, sometimes watching shows, and sometimes just plain old rest). My energy levels are low, due to chronic fatigue syndrome, among other physiological disabilities, so that interacts with my mental health treatment, and more T's really need to be aware of this interaction. Communication is best, but when that's being ignored, then we have to be proactive in our care. Finding and writing down a list of what works is a good starting point. Making lists on what your symptoms are, your laments are, what's worked, and what hasn't may help you and your providers.

Hope this helps in some way.

(((safe hugs)))
Lilly2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote