Account Suspended

Member Since Oct 2019
3,785 hugs
given
Default Nov 03, 2019 at 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD7970GHZ View Post
Hi,

I just wanted to comment on this because I like the idea, and thought maybe some of what I know may help guide your decision.

As much as I like the idea for subtopics on PTSD - keep in mind that most people will probably not post on a specific subforum for PTSD, but rather in the main forums. It's quick and easy and most chance that others will reply and take part in the conversation / share insights.

Perhaps I am wrong - but I've noticed that posting in complex PTSD subforums (despite its popularity right now in the psychological community) does not draw nearly as many numbers compared to general PTSD forums.

Regardless, your request is valid and I would love to see a subsection about this topic! It is horrible how many suffer in silence.

If the goal is to create a safe specific location for survivors of abuse in military - then it is absolutely warranted!

If the goal is to generate more support, awareness and numbers - I don't know if it will work any better than posting on General PTSD sections where many more people already browse.

It has been contemplated to create a subsection for survivors of abuse in therapy - but we didn't have to. Instead we just post in Psychotherapy section.

Thanks,
HD7970ghz
HD, there is a separate forum called survivors of abuse, I believe. It is not in the PTSD forum because not everyone gets PTSD from abuse. You could try posting about therapy abuse in that forum, too. Psychotherapy seems like a place to discuss different therapies as well as therapy abuse, I suppose.

For therapy abuse, there are a lot of discussions from members on that. Maybe a subforum under psychotherapy or under survivors of abuse might be helpful.
Lilly2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote