View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Nov 03, 2019 at 07:17 PM

I'm sorry I don't think I probably have much of anything to contribute here. But I noticed no one had yet replied to your post. So I thought I would.

Not knowing what it is you're dealing with, what occurs to me to say is to perhaps consider going to a fetish-related website where you could talk about what you're struggling with. I know this can, potentially, be a double-edged sword because there is the possibility talking about what you're dealing with might make you want to do it more too. But I know in my own case "talking" on-line, with like-minded people, about my own concerns has been about the only thing that has kept me going at times.

Unfortunately I haven't had a place to be in touch with like-minded people myself in several years now. I've been toying with the idea of going onto another website that is focused on concerns related to mine so I have somewhere to tell my story & be in contact with others who share similar concerns. I'm still not sure if I'm going to do it. But I leaning that direction.

Beyond that the only other thing I can think of to mention is that it is possible to learn to simply sit with the urges to do whatever it is you are doing... or would like to do. After all the urges are just thoughts & feelings. You don't have to act on them. This is the premise behind the Buddhist practice of compassionate abiding.

Here are links to 4 articles, from PC's archives, on the subject of how to sit with painful emotions:

How to Sit with Painful Emotions

Several Ways to Sit with Your Feelings

8 Tips For Dealing With Painful Emotions | Cultivating Contentment & Happiness

10 Ways To Cope When Your Life Seems Out Of Control | Cultivating Contentment & Happiness

And then here's a link to a mental-health-oriented description of the practice of compassionate abiding:

Relieve Distress By Allowing It: Compassionate Abiding 101 | Mindset: Perspective Is Everything

Best wishes...

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
TheSadGirl