View Single Post
TunedOut
Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Nov 04, 2019 at 03:51 PM

I try not to be clingy though I have been a few times--it was unusual for me. When it happened, it helped me feel a little more sensitive to the feelings of others. It hurt but sometimes the things that hurt most help us grow. I think I learned not to get too clingy with most because I am the oldest in my family. When you are the oldest of three--you are the "cat's meow" then the middle child takes your place. By the time the youngest comes along--your mom's hand's are full. I think I was a little hurt by it (I was very spoiled until my place was taken lol) but never realized it until recently. I think I might be more insensitive than clingy! But I realize this and am trying to be a better person.

So in my case--I showed vulnerability, got hurt when they didn't feel as I did but they did me a huge favor--this person was both kind but also frank. They didn't feel the same way. I accept this. Acceptance is such a hard lesson but things don't always turn out as we wish or we might not get it. Maybe I was immature. Sure wish I had grown up at an earlier age--like before having children.. Also, I was very tough on my mom but then there is something called karma--I have been through a tough time too but I am fortunate that there is more help out there now than there was for my mom. Not that my mom was perfect or anything like that--it is just that I sympathize with what she went through more now.

Last edited by TunedOut; Nov 04, 2019 at 04:18 PM..
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote